Our community is thriving with creative writers. 35 of these talented individuals will be included in the anthology. "Corpus Christi Writers 2018: An Anthology" will be available this summer.
This anthology embodies the richness and diversity of South Texas. It includes fiction and poetry and works that fall somewhere in between. Some draw their strength from the wide-ranging cultural landscape of the Coastal Bend, while others rely on the sea or the flat coastal terrain. Yet, some have nothing to do with South Texas. The writers, who are natives or residents, bind the collection together.
· Submission deadline was March 31, 2018
· WORD COUNT 500 – 2000 words preferred, but will look at longer or shorter works
· Prose or poetry is accepted
· Excerpts from longer works are acceptable
· Fiction or non-fiction is accepted
· You may submit more than 1 work
· There is no submission fee. You will retain all rights to your works. You may be asked to revise sections of your work
· Send your submission in a Word document to books@MaysPublishing.com, with the subject line: Submission for Corpus Christi Writers 2018: An Anthology
· 1st Page of your submission must include a cover page with title of your work, the author’s name as you wish it to appear in publication, author’s name (if different than publication name), contact information (email address, telephone number, and mailing address)
· Your entry should begin on page 2, starting with title, formatted in 12 pt Times New Roman font, single spaced
· The last page should include a short biography of the author.
The anthology will be available on Amazon, both in trade paperback and Kindle.
Those selected for the anthology will receive a free copy of the anthology book, promotion of your work, and an invitation to read at the launch party.